Location: St Agnes, Isles of Scilly
Salary: £16.20 - £18.20 per hour
Hours: Full Time
Recruiter: Winners Recruitment
Are you a Head Chef? Fancy a season on the stunning St Agnes, Isle of Scilly then apply today!
My client is seeking experienced Head Chef for their 2022 season on a full-time basis.
The pub is a popular destination with visitors to the islands and is very busy in the height of the season.
Serving traditional pub food as well as an additional selection of seafood, meat, vegetarian, and vegan meals, the food is freshly prepared from quality ingredients sourced from local businesses.
As Head Chef, you will lead and manage the team and be part of the overall management team of the pub.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing daily kitchen operations and the supervision of kitchen staff, ensuring the smooth running of the kitchen and adherence to Health & Hygiene and COSHH.
- Menu input and design
- Quality assurance of all food cooked and served on the premises ensuring the food is received by clients in good quality and well plated.
- Monitoring GP across the menu over the season as produce prices fluctuate
- Managing stock levels and ordering, stock rotation and food wastage prevention or optimisation.
- Encourage/Manage staff development and performance within the kitchen
- Interfacing with the front of house team to foster good overall teamwork to ensure a good customer experience.
- Lead recruitment of staff if required with assistance from the management team.
You will have a successful background working in pubs or restaurants, which were fast paced with a high volume of covers.
This is a seasonal position (approx. 34 weeks) and applicants must be able to commit to the entire period starting as soon as possible through to the end of October when the season ends
Weekly salary of £730 - £820 (Based of 45 hours per week) depending on experience plus hourly overtime. Seasonal Completion incentive is up to 15% of earnings.
A rent rebate of 40% on rental, due at the end of the season, subject to season completion and room condition.
- Excellent salary, paid holiday and incentive scheme
- Target of 2 Days off per week
- Work in a beautiful setting
- Paid passage from Penzance to the Island for the successful candidate
- Subsidised, live-in accommodation, including utilities, the use of laundry facilities and meals charged at £52.50 per week
To find out more contact Steph at Winners Recruitment, Truro or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Reference: 25409
Closing Date: 11/03/2022